I came across this quote the other day:
“If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you’re not sure you can do it – say yes, and learn how to do it later”
And I just had to share it, as the loudest voices I had in my head when I desided whether or not to start my own business was: but, I don’t know how? Can I do it?
I was so close to back out just because of these stupid thoughts! I don’t even want to think about where I would have been today if I did!
So, if you are offered an awesome opportunity, look at it as starting a degree in School: you can’t know everything the first day, you have to learn! And as you learn about the business, you will find a way on how to do it aswell. With the right people, team and support – there will be no problem! Just trust that, say YES and get started! – Berit
Most people automatically set a goal in life when young, to buy their first apartment, their first car, and all these things that you grow up thinking that you should get. I used to be the same, because, that’s what everyone talks about: after school – work and save money so you can buy your first apartment…
I’ve been confused the last few years about what I want, after starting my own business my mind has been “fighting” between: “I wanna be free and do whatever I want”, and “I want to settle down and buy an apartment”. THEN a friend, which just bought his first apartment said to me: No one told me about this “trap”! Yes, I have my own place, but now I have to work to pay off my loan, and, I’m stuck here!
It’s not necessarily like this for everyone, but, for alot of people it is. And after this, I’ve realised that for now: I want to be free.
I’m not writing this to tell you that this way of living is “wrong”. and I’m not trying to tell you how you should live your life – What you want is up to you, and we all have different desires in life and different ideas of how we want to live our lives.
I’m writing this because I keep getting in contact with people that are sick of their life, because they feel stuck. They feel trapped in a place they don’t want to be, and that they have to go to a job they don’t like, just to pay off their loans and bills. So, I’m writing this just as an inspiration, to share that it is possible for you to do what you want, even if the rest of society tells you something else… If you want a change in your life, stop thinking about it and DO SOMETHING!
For me, the freedom of having no loans, no dept and no house or car to take care of, has taken me to amazing places. I’ve met some beautiful people that will be in my life for forever, and I’ve learned so much about myself and life. I have the freedom to be wherever I want to be. There is no place I have to be tomorrow, or next week. I’ve been able to travel around, and I book my flights to new destinations just few days before depature. And I can stay as long as I want (if the visa allowes me ofcourse) – It’s like being on a never ending vacation. If I only travelled for this long, I would probably get tired and sick of this lifestyle. But because I’m bringing my work with me, I work aswell – so I never get bored! And if I do get tired, I can extend my stay and chill in my room for a few days without anyone telling me what to do.. And the most amazing thing for me is:
I can’t remember last time I woke up to an alarm.. I go to bed and I sleep for 6-7 hours and I wake up by the daylight through my window.. Grateful? YES.
Ofcourse I want a home later, and I want my own place – I’m just not willing to do it the “normal” way, to get that loan and be stuck somewhere to pay off my dept. I want my own place when I’m ready for it and can pay for it.
So, I’m back in Asia again for a while. Back to the good, relaxing vibes, hot weather and tasty, cheap food! Ended up with a not planned weekend in Bali, which was awesome (for the third time this year! I love it) And now I’m in Bangkok, for the first time. Bangkok is a bit crazy but I like it – will write some tips and advises later..
So grateful for this freedom, and, yes, it’s far out of what used to be my comfortzone, and yes I’ve been doubting myself many times – but today I’m so grateful I’ve been pushing myself to overcome the fears and all the doubts – it’s the only way to get somewhere. If you want a change in your life, you have to change aswell. Just go for it! – Berit
Whatever you do in life, there are two things you should expect. And the sooner you accept that you will have to face these two things, the easier it will be for you to get through it.
Yes. The first thing is challenges. I think the reason life is “so hard” for some people, is because they expect life to be easy. So when they meet a challenge they are SO SURPRISED, and it knocks them down. If you think it will be easy, that you will not meet any obsticals or challenges – it will soak up every time something “get’s in the way.”
If what you do is important for you, just be prepared for challenges. Just accept that you will meet them, and that you will have to leave your Comfortzone.
Change your mindset, and start to enjoy and appreciate challenges when you meet them. Enjoy the feeling of finding solutions, and love when you get to prove yourself that you can do it! That you can face anything you meet, and get out of it with more experience then you had before! Enjoy being uncomfortable by knowing it makes you grow! And when you’re in the shit – just learn from it, rather than to feel negative about it.
Everyone feels fear and discomfort in new situations. The difference with humans is that some knows fear is just an illution, and that they get pass it just by staying in it, and by pushing their limits – while others let fear Controll them and decide not to grow.
And you know what? Nothing worth having comes easy! So be ok with challenges, and let them create your new comfortzone. You can not get anywhere without them!
Just know and accept that you will fail. Know it’s normal. And you will do it many times. You will look stupid, and people will probably laugh at you. Do you think anyone with success just walked right up to where they are today? Nope, They didn’t … Everyone have their story, and you have to walk yours!
You have to face failure to be successful in whatever it is you want to accomplish – you must fail to understand, to learn how to do it, how it works and to get better at it!
The only real failure you can make, is to continue doing over again what didn’t work. When you fail, write down what worked, and what didn’t. Write down what you did that was good, and where it went wrong – And next time, you are prepared and can use your experience to handle similar situations better.
Accept this, be grateful for every challenge you meet, for every “failure” you go through – learn from all of them, grow with them – and the journey towards your goal will be POSITIVE & FUN! – Berit
It’s very easy, in life in general, to get the habit of always meaning something about what others are doing, and how they are doing it. If you’re one of those who are always sticking your nose into others businesses, you should become aware of this, and stop it. The reason is: There’s a big chance that this habit will destroy you, the way you look at yourself and your potential in life… Why?
– You start to compare youself with others.
– You start to compete with others.
– You start to worry about others problems.
– You start to judge and talk about others.
– You loose focus on your own business, on what YOU’RE doing and what you already have.
Why you should stop doing this, and how to turn it in to something positive
– First of all, when you compare yourself and where you are in life with others, it will make you feel like shit. Why? You will most likely compare you with someone you look up to, your idol, and compare your beginning to their middle… You forget the fact that they have once been where you are today, and it’s just the matter of time before you get there aswell. When you forget this fact, you will feel that you’re so far from where you want to be, and that you’re failing. So, just stop this NOW and instead, start to see the progress in you by comparing yourself with where YOU was one week ago, one month ago, one year ago! – and remember to enjoy the journey while working towards your goals !
– To be competitive is one thing, another thing is when you’re always trying to compete against others. It will bring you bitterness, negative feelings and you will start to wish for other people to fail. People really need to realise that there is more then enough out there for EVERYONE. You don’t have to compete, become better, or replace anyone to win! The only one you should ever compete with is yourself, to become a better version of you.
– About worrying: the best is ofcourse not to worry at all! Most of the things we worry about will NEVER happend, so worrying is a waste of energy. But, if you end up worrying, atleast spend that time and energy on YOU. What’s the point of worrying about what others are upto, and their problems?? It will only bring you one thing: STRESS! Unless someone pays you to worry for them, I suggest that you deside to stop it, and put your energy into something productive instead.
– I like this quote “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.” Stop discussing others! It won’t lead to anything positive, and it’s a waste of time as no one cares about your opinion anyway.. If your life is that boring that you can’t find anything else to talk about then other people – find a hobby! Get up to something! Create your own life! So when you meet your friends you can share experiences and stuff you’ve been doing, instead of talking behind peoples back..
– ..And, just stop judging. There is a story behind every person and happening that you know nothing about. Remember “The rumors you hear about me, are as true as the ones I hear about you.”
– When you’re so interested and focused on what others are doing, it’s very easy to loose focus on your life, and to forget what you already have. You watch what THEY HAVE, and the only thing you can think of is that YOU need the same, so you can become as successful and happy as them. Start to look at others as an inspiration instead. Learn from them, pick up ideas and thoughts, and qualities they have that you want to develop and become better at. And always remember to stay focused on YOU. Remember to be grateful for what you already have. Remember how lucky you are, remember all the great people in your life, and remember all the qualities you already have within you.
Live your life, focus on being the best YOU can be. Focus on your progress and the positives in your life. What others are doing – let it be their business.. It will bring you peace, positivity, a better feeling about yourself and better results in whatever it is that you are working towards. – Berit
Am I the only one out there who has come up with a million excuses for myself, to justify that it’s ok not to take action?
Totally normal – Excuses that sounds completely logical, saying that it’s absolutely okay to drop what you should do, and that makes you wait for the “right time” to take action.
What’s your excuse?
Whatever the case is, whether it’s school, work, housework, exercise, perhaps you recognize any of these?
– I’m too tired right now, tomorrow will probably be better
– I have no time, too much to do already, maybe next week
– I have family and children, it will be better timing when the children get older
– I don’t have what it takes, I need to learn more before I start
– I’m not good enough to ……………, so it’s probably not for me
– I did very good last week, I worked really hard so now I deserve some time off
– I trained in the morning, so now I deserve to enjoy myself a little extra
blablablaa.. We use all these excuses to justify it for ourself, to feel better and still sneak in a little hope that what you want to achieve will maybe happend in the future, when “time is right”, because, yes – next week is the time to start!
And it sucks, because if there’s ONE thing you 100% surely will achieve with excuses, is NOTHING!
The time will unfortunatly never be right. you’ll never have enough time, you have to prioritize. You can never know everything before you start, you must learn as you go. And those qualities you think you don’t have to be successful, you actually have them in you, you just need to work on them! And the best time to start doing that, is NOW.
The sooner you recognize that the only thing standing between you and your goals, are the bullshit excuses you’re telling yourself, the sooner you can start reaching your goals.
You can start to eliminate your excuses, and take control of your mind and life. When a thought comes: “I’m too tired today”, you can stop that thought, and say to yourself: Shut up! I have lots of energy today and I WILL do it! TODAY!
Doing this will change your life, and you will definitely feel better about yourself when you see all the things you manage to get done, and proving yourself that you actually have EXACTLY what it takes to do anything you want to do!
I still work every day to clear out excuses from my mind – They disappear more and more for every week that goes by, and it takes less and less energy to get rid of them.
Working on eliminating my excuses has given me the freedom to do what I love most of all: to travel. When I want. Where I want. With whom I want. Incredibly grateful and very happy that I became aware that: the only thing that stood between me about my goals, yes, it was all nonsense excuses I told myself. (Photos from Thailand earlier this year)
What’s your excuse??
Tips: Write them down! Becoming aware of what you tell yourself, is the first step towards the success you want for yourself and your future – Berit
Are you looking for opportunities in your life? Are you looking for a change?
Don´t be to busy looking everywhere, you might miss what´s right in front of you!
Don´t let this be you 😉 – Berit
I don’t have a Bachelor or Master degree. I don’t have any papers saying what I can do, or what I’m good at – But I do have something else, that I’m confident has helped me getting much longer then I would ever get with any degree alone: I never give up.
Giving up is the only thing that will stop you from reaching your goals. Just be prepared for the journey you have to go to get there, prepare for what you will have to face, and deside NOW that you will NEVER GIVE UP.
Be prepared for challenges. Be prepared to feel uncomfortable. Be prepared to fail. Be prepared to be judge. Be prepared for people laughing at you. Be prepared for doubts. Be prepared for days where you will feel like shit and want to give up. Be prepeard to get up, and keep going no matter what! Be prepared for late nights. Be prepared to work. Be prepared to WIN and to get the life and freedom you deserve! – Berit
People have many ideas about what they need to become successful in life. I used to think that I needed a nice office, an expensive nice car, the right clothes, the newest phone and all the other things that seem to be important for everyone out there.. Then I realised, there is really only ONE THING you need to succed…
You need YOURSELF. Thats it.
I have realised that the most important thing for my success is ME. I need my health, a good mindset and to take action EVERY SINGLE DAY to get where I want to be.
I have realised this by pushing my limits. I’ve been travelling around in Asia while building my online business for over 4 months now – with only this small backpack, my Ipad and my schedule/idea-book. It’s not about what you have or your surroundings – it’s about YOU.
Changing focus has really made a difference for me. And I believe it will do the same for you. Start to focus on YOU, take care of and love yourself – and whatever you want to achieve, doing this will bring you closer.
Have you thought about this before? Is it your left brain or right brain that is more dominant? Shaping who you are, your personality and your life?
What does it mean? “left” or “right”?
– Left-brain people are more systematic and organized. They want to be in control, they love the familiar and to feel “safe”.
– Right-brain people are more creative and open minded. They are passionated, want to have fun and have a free spirit!
I believe that it’s good to have the left brain there (haha ofcourse..) BUT I do also believe if you can let go of some of that “Always in control” part, of always have to be systematic, organized and logical – you’re life will change.
Personaly, I think I been fighting between these two my whole life. I love to be creative, free and I’ve always had a lot of ideas – but I have had a “problem” with my left brain – I have always wanted EVERYTHING to be perfect. Example:
– Since I started school, even since primary school – we used to get text books with grey paper. I HATED these books and I always made sure, in one way or the other, that I would get myself a different book then my classmates – a book with WHITE paper. And I hated to write with a pencil, I always wanted a pen because it looked nicer and cleaner. It started with just “I want a pen” – then it went to “I want a black pen”. I would not write in my white book if I did not have a black pen… And If I made ONE mistake when taking notes in my white paged book, with my black pen – I would not use correction fluid like other people – I would tear out the page and start over again (yes, also if I had wrote down the whole page.. AND on the back of the page..) Since primary school and up to High school – I did this.
– All the work I’ve done – I have ALWAYS Criticized myself, and there has always been things I could have done better or different. I have never told myself that: “hey, this was actually pretty goood!”
The last few years I’ve been working a lot with my mindset, and I’ve realised these “perfection” thoughts I’ve had, have been holding me back a lot and are actually very exchausting! I have always “knew who I am” – and if you are like this, you will never grow because you’re holding on to the past, and who you used to be.
SO I desided to start to LET GO!! Why? I wanted a change in my life.
It’s been a challenge, to write with a red pen in my schedule.. haha!!! – nah, that’s a joke, but It’s been hard for me to stop trying to make everything perfect, and to let go of the thoughts about who I am (used to be), so I could start to grow as a person. But day by day it gets easier and easier – and right now I feel I’m in control over my mind!
The feeling of letting go of parts of the left-brain has given me a different life. More freedom, flexibility, better thoughts and more confident about myself and the work I’m doing (I actaully think the work I do is pretty awesome, haha!) and this was something that I was never satisfied with before!! Less drama, less stress. Changing my mindset and seing things from a different perspective has open up my mind for opportunities I didn’t even know existed! I have learned to understand other people better, and others actions. I have started to feel more grateful, positive and happy, about everything I have, my family, friends, my health, my life and opportunities I’ve been given. I have stared to grow as a person, caring more about others, and genuinely want to make an impact and difference in others people lives (yes this became a bit clishe, but it is what it is..)
I have faced a lot of challenges the last few years, and by doing that I now know I can handle anything – and because of this I have opened up to receive whatever the world brings on, and I’m ready to face it! I feel free and more independed.
After starting to think like this, I’m actually excited about challenges and “problem” solving, and I need it in my everyday life so I can grow and have fun!!! I can NEVER EVER EVER go back to that “safe” enviroment I used to be in – I can’t even imagine doing that! I would be so bored and restless!!!!!
So happy right now and, even if it’s been work to change my thoughts – it’s been so worth it, and I would do it all over again if I had to! And will ofcourse I will keep growing from here
You can not change your thoughts and mindset over night – but time will pass by anyway so why not start today? When you start telling yourself something, over and over again – Sooner or later you brain will believe it, and it will become your reality, and who you are.
I’m so grateful for all of the people whos been guiding me through this, THANK YOU <3
…And if you’re reading this, and are one of those who feel that the “left-brain” are holding you back.. I suggest you make a decision, and start to let go..